Tuesday, November 01, 2011

County Commission Vice Chairman Mark P. Miner Apologizes for Conduct of Today's BCC Meeting

Dear Commissioner Miner:
Thank you. We will be back.
Sincerely,
Ed Slavin

From: Commissioner Mark P. Miner [mailto:bccd3@sjcfl.us]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 2:44 PM
To: Ed Slavin
Subject: RE: St. Augustine National Historical Park and National Seashore (Agenda Item No. 1, November 1, 2011 SJC BCC meeting)

Mr. Slavin –

Thank you for your e-mail and for your presentation this morning. As I told Dr. Brendel, I apologize if it appeared I enforced the public comment time limit unequally. The only specific instance I recall where someone went over more than a few seconds was with Commissioner Bailey, who spoke in support of your efforts. As Vice Chair, I take public comment very seriously. Over the last year we have had several very contentious public hearings in which I have presided over the public comment portion of the meeting. To my knowledge, this is the first time such a complaint has been raised.

My apologies.

Very Respectfully,
Mark Miner

No comments: