Wednesday, July 09, 2008

SUCCESSFUL MOVE ON PROTEST AT FLORIDA U.S. REPRESENTATIVE MICA'S OFFICE



We will be back at Mica's office at 4:30 this afternoon. Jessica Clark and First Coast News covered our earlier protest at Mica's office (3000 North Ponce de Leon Blvd). Mica's staffer did not allow J.D. Pleasant and Judith Seraphin in the locked door. Later a sign was posted stating the staff was in Palm Coast today. :)

Page 10 of this week's Folio Weekly discusses Mica's brother, the Big Oil lobbyist. David Mica is head of the Florida affilliate of the American Petroleum Institute, which was called "the switchboard of the controlling companies" by the late Thurman Arnold, FDR's Assistant Attorney General for the Antitrust Division (and founder of the prestigious Washington, D.C. corporate law firm of Arnold, Fortas & Porter, which is now known as Arnold & Porter).

Also, here's Mica's E-mail declining to meet with us on Big Oil issues.

From: Congressman.Mica@housemail.house.gov
To: EASlavin@aol.com
Subject: Correspondence from Congressman Mica
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:34 am

July 9, 2008


Mr. Ed Slavin
PO Box 3084
St. Augustine, FL 32085-3084

Dear Ed:

Thank you for your email on Monday requesting to meet with me today in my St. Augustine office. I appreciated you contacting me and letting me know about the planned demonstration at my office today.

As Congress is in session today, I am of course required to be in Washington and was unable to be in St. Augustine to meet with the group. However, I understand that several individuals visited today and presented their concerns to my congressional aide on duty and she has already reported back to me about the meeting.

I appreciate your continued interest.

With my regards and best wishes, I remain

Sincerely,

John L. Mica
Member of Congress


No comments: