Friday, December 02, 2022

"Our best pilot" -- RE-ELECT I. HENRY DEAN ST. Johns County Board of County Commissioners CHAIRMAN

As JFK said, "We must make the world safe for diversity." 

In the classic 1993 Tom Hanks movie, Philadelphia, the jury foreman, a proud veteran of the Marine Corps,  speaks to his fellow jurors in deliberations in a fictional case involving discrimination against a young Gay lawyer by a corporate law firm:


                    Say I've got to send a pilot into
                    enemy territory, and he's gonna
                    be flying a plane that cost 350
                    million dollars...
                    Who am I going to put into that
                    plane? A rookie who can't cut the
                    grade, because I want to see if
                    he'll rise to the challenge? Or am
                    I going to give that assignment to
                    my best pilot, my most experienced,
                    my sharpest, my top gun... The very
                    best I've got?


St. Johns County faces a choice on December 6, 2022, at the delayed "Reorganization" meeting, originally set to occur on November 15, 2022 (rescheduled due to the willful wanton recklessness and negligence of our other-directed County Administrator and County Attorney.

Do we elect as County Commission Chairman our "best pilot," I. HENRY DEAN, our former County Commission Chairman, the man who has served our State and Nation for more than four decades, under five (5) Governors, with increasing environmental law and policy responsibilities, resulting in passage of environmental laws and Florida Constitutional Amendments?

Mr. Dean is a friend of mine, and he and I often disagree. 

But I respect his inteellect and legal acumen.

We need Mr. Dean to continue as County Commission Chair.

We need Mr. Dean's experience.

The alternative is bleak.

St. Johns County needs an advocate for beach preservation,  environmental protection, a St. Augustine National Historical Park and National Seashore, and a County Charter. 

Mr. Dean is that person -- our best pilot, our most experienced Commissioner, our top gun.

He has some 42 years of Florida environmental and administrative law experience. 

He is our leader to help guide our County amid ocean level rise and global warming.

There is no substitute,

Thus, I shall support him and urge our St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners to support his re-election.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This guy is a lot better than GREASY BILL MCCLURE AkA BILLY THE BAMBOOZLER MCSEWER!!!!!!