Wednesday, April 24, 2024

"It's called hypocrisy!" Hal Holbrook on racism in America

One of my late mentors in the office of the late Senator Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) was a friend of the late Hal Holbrook, whose wonderful work on making "The Senator" segment of "The Bold Ones" was one of the best portrayals of what our government needs to do for us since Jimmy Stewart's work in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and before Martin Sheen's work as President Josiah Bartlett in The West Wing.  Here's the late actor Hal Holbrook talking about his developing his work in Mark Twain Tonight, which I was honored to watch from an elevated box seat overlooking the stage, at left, with another undergraduate intern (Chris from Santa Clara, California) circa 1975-76 at the John F. Kennedy  Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.) 



2 comments:

Katie said...

The far right members of the GOP still use racism towards black people as a political tool.. while complaining about woke. New tactic is to welcome latinos with legal citizenship and talk bad about blacks when they're featured in crime headlines. Meanwhile, they'll put a black fella in a suit up there every once in a while at their conservative political theater performances.

Anonymous said...

I was gonna start a business in SJC in 2003, but I couldn't find anyone who didn't believe that dinosaurs and humans coexisted...so I left. I'm serious.. that's a job interview question that I ask up here in Connecticut. If you answer YES to that question, I won't hire you.