Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Hate Website misleads readers, commits torts, while receiving ad revenue from Google
Hate website proprietor MICHAEL GOLD AND SHERIFF DAVID SHOAR
GOLD now gets Google advertising money and his site is therefore "commercial"
Dear Mr. Gold:
1. Kindly remove the photograph of me from every single post that is made under your "Ed McCarthy" NIC on your website, www.plazabum.com.
2., This is an illegal misappropriation of likeness, defamatory and an unfair and deceptive trade practice in violation of Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act.
3. Your tortious actions falsely give the impression that I post on your website.
4. It is wrong -- and actionable -- to mislead people to believe that I post on your hate website.
5. This is defamatory, misleading and untrue. I have never posted on your hate website.
6. From this day forward, cease and desist from all misappropriation of license, libel and unfair trade practices, which are remediable in federal, state and administrative law fora. See, e.g., F.S. 540.08.
7. Since plazabum.com receives ad revenue from Google, this is commercial use of my likeness, and it is illegal. F.S. 540.08. Do see that you comply with this Cease and Desist letter immediately.
Herein faileth not.
St. Augustine, Florida 32085-3084