Nearing the end of his fourth four-year term, controversial Seventh Circuit State's Attorney RALPH JOSEPH LARIZZA signed paperwork June 22, 2023 to run for re-election in 2024, received by the Florida Secretary of State's Division of Elections on June 26, 2023. LARIZZA's campaign treasurer is Ms. Helen Tricia Larizza. LARIZZA was first elected State's Attorney over ethically-impaired incumbent John Tanner in 2008, with 51.1% of the vote in Republican Primary.
LARIZZA resists accountability. His office repeatedly refused to distribute to his 82 lawyer staff in four copies of the National District Attorney's Association (NDAA) National Prosecution Standards.
LARIZZA is a linchpin in one-party rule of corrupt St. Johns County, with SAO7 offices in Volusia, Putnam and Flagler Counties, and the power to coverup wrongdoing by corporations and government agencies.
Along with corrupt St. Johns County Sheriff DAVID SHOAR, State's Attorney RALPH JOSEPH LARIZZZA will forever be most noted as the co-author of the ongoing coverup of the September 2, 2010 homicide of Ms. Michelle O'Connell in the home of Deputy JEREMY BANKS.
State's Attorney RALPH JOSEPH LARIZZA should NOT be re-elected. If re-elected, this would be LARIZZA's fifth term: he would end his fifth term as a septuagenarian, with no accomplishments, no ethics, no vision, no drive, another ethically-challenged Dull Republican, a louche lackey who repeatedly refused to distribute the National District Attorney's Association "National Prosecution Standards" to his staff.
JEREMY BANKS is still a St. Johns County Sheriff's Deputy, never having been taken before a grand jury to answer for homicide charges in the September 2, 2010 murder of his girlfriend, Michelle O'Connell, with his service weapon, in his home. Neighbors recalled that there was an argument, a scream and a shot, then an argument, a scream and another shot. "Suicide," the Sheriff's office proclaimed, before the sun had even risen the next day. A coverup has ensued, orchestrated by Sheriff DAVID SHOAR. Justice for Michelle O'Conell. Justice for Eli Washtock, killed while investigating the murder of Ms. O'Connell..
- It has been 4720 days since Ms. Michelle O'Connell was murdered -- twelve years, eleven months and two days.
- There is no statute of limitations for homicide.
- Following in the footsteps of Anne Schindler from Folio Weekly, The New York Times reported the Michelle O'Connell homicide coverup story in 2013and 2017, PBS Frontline, NBC News Dateline, ABC News 20/20, Dr. Phil, the Guardian and other investigators confirmed it.
- They did the work that the St. Augustine Record did not do. The Record once again proved itself a lapdog, not a watchog, in the days it was owned by Morris Communications, before monopolistic GANNETT bought the property.
- An independent autopsy confirmed Michelle O'Connell's jaw was broken, something that was missed by the 23rd District Medical Examiner's office. Sheriff SHOAR issued a middle of the night public statement, freighted with animus, questioning the need for another autopsy, angrily accusing the family of "molesting" her body. Meanwhile, McLEOD and the Sheriff have sent me hate e-mails, with McLEOD comparing me to a "toothless dog."
- Special prosecutor Bradley King was not appointed to the Supreme Court, the Florida Judicial Nominating Commission having questioned him about his coverup, with King coldly turning to a tab in a notebook and reading smarmy lines to Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Jason Unger.
- Former Assistant County Administrator JERRY THOMAS CAMERON was rejected by Republicans, by a seven-vote margin, for a County Commission seat in 2016. He was defeated by Paul Waldron.
- Two malfeasant autopsy physicians, Dr. PREDRAG BULIC, M.D. and Dr. JAMES HOBAN, M.D. were censured by the Florida Board of Medical Examiners.
- Reputable forensic experts rebutted BULIC's cockamamie theory -- explained to three-time Pulitzer Prize winner Walt Bogdanich in his PBS Frontline interview -- suggesting that Ms. O'Connell committed suicide, based on a crackpot theory that a gun recoiled backwards and caused the injury to her eyelid.
- The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners allowed the County Attorney to defend the two malfeasant autopsy physicians, even though the charges were personal to the individuals, like Bar complaints.
- Complict County Attorney PATRICK FRANCIS McCORMACK has resigned, but will he be replaced by another incompetent lawyer, former Assistant County Attorney 2011-2016, DAVID MICHAEL MIGUT?
- DAVID MIGUT was copied on numerous e-mails involving my Open Records requests attempting to uncover the truth about the coverup of 4700 Sherlock Place water use records from the County's Johnson Controls, Inc. smart water meter system.
- Our new Sheriff is Robert Hardwick, former Chief Investigator for State's Attorney Ralph Joseph Larizza.
- Hardwick and his State's Attorney office deputy, JAMES PARKER both were convinced by the evidence that JEREMY BANKS committed homicide.
- Hardwick ordered an autopsy, but was foiled when he went to the FBI Training Academy earlier than expected, and Larizza belatedly recused himself. Hardwick said in a deposition, "we're all tainted."
- Courageous FDLE Special Agent Rusty Ray Rodgers believed that JEREMY BANKS committed homicide.
- In retaliation, Sheriff DAVID SHOAR procured a harassing lawsuit, filed by louche lawyer ROBERT LESTER "MACK" McLEOD II. The suit was dismissed, after being held over Special Agent Rodgers' head for five years.
- Two respected jurists -- County Court Judge Charles Tinlin and U.S. District Court Judge Brian J. Davis, both found that there was probable cause that Dputy JEREMY BANKS murdered Michelle O'Connell.
- Judge Charles Tinlin signed the search warrants, finding probable cause that BANKS murdered Michelle.
- Judge Tinlin was later questioned by BANKS' lawyers, who tried to get him to say that Rodgers suggested Sheriff DAVID SHOAR had obstructed justice. Judge Tinlin replied that he -- Judge TInlin -- was the one who raised the issue of obstruction of justice, not Agent Rodgers.
- Defective detectives remain on the job, and UnderSheriff JOEL BOLANTE has been made head of the Public Administration program at Flagler College, after avoiding a trial on Title IX retaliation charges over alleged sexual harassment
- MATTEW CLINE has been demoted, and is no longer UnderSheriff, remaining as Sheriff's General Counsel.
- Eli Washtock, a brilliant man who was investigating Michelle's murder was himself murdered, but unethical satrap Sheriff SHOAR outsourced the case to neighboring Putnam County, without an order from the Governor or any court.
- Eli is buried in San Lorenzo Catholic Cemetery, a few yards from Michelle.
- If hindsight is 20/20, we should find it all the more unreasonable that a corrupt political machine remains in power.
- Is Governor Ron DeSantis, culpable for having ignored requests to remove Sheriff SHOAR pursuant to Article IV, Section 7 of our Florida Constitution?
- This case must be heard by federal and state grand juries. There can be no other just outcome.
- Justice for Michelle O'Connell.
- Say her name.
- Justice for Eli Washtock.
- Say his name.
- Never give up.
- It is up to us.
- "Let justice be done though the heavens fall." (Fiat justitia rust caelum.)
- State's Attorney RALPH JOSEPH LARIZZA should NOT be re-elected.
- In four counties comprising the Seventh Judicial District, do we have a lawyer with courage to run against LARIZZA?
- Like Diogenes, do we need to search with a lamp for an honest person?