2. There were a lot of us testifying about buying Fish Island for a park. This is vitally important local news.
3. No Fish Island article quotes our beloved, esteemed retired City Archaeologist Carl Halbirt and other expert witnesses and PZB member Karen Zander questions re: findings of 2001 and 2004 archaeological studies. . Sad. Slave cabins, graves of slaves and Jesse Fish & family remain to be discovered. Incurious ESI report did not use ground penetrating radar or LIDAR.
4. Record needs to step up its game, starting with interviews and quotes from archaeologists and former St. Augustine Beach Mayor S. Gary Snodgrass about his epiphany and eloquent testimony.
5. Enough crabbed, cabined, dupey developer-coddling claptrap in the St. Augustine Record.
6. We need to raise the quality of debate in our town. We need data-based reporting and decisions.
7. The devious developer demolition derby of our town’s history and nature must end. Now.
8. Enough infantile, baby talking “My Weekly Reader”-style “journalism” in the SAR.
9. I’ve been reading the Record since November 5, 1999.
10. We’re not getting my money’s worth -- do your jobs, without fear or favor. Please..
11. As Senator Robert F. Kennedy said, “It is not enough to allow dissent, we must demand it, for there is much to dissent from.... We dissent from the willful, heedless destruction of natural beauty and pleasures.”
12. Three cheers for PZB!!! « less
YA BEACH BUM ... ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY HIGH RISE TOWERS ... MAKING THE ENVIRONMENT BETTER!