Monday, August 30, 2010

Sun-Sentinel: Dave Aronberg thanks supporters

By Anthony Man August 26, 2010 05:45 PM

State Sen. Dave Aronberg, D-Greenacres, thanked his supporters on Thursday.

He lost the Democratic primary for state attorney general.

Here's his e-mail:

As many of you already know, we came up short on Tuesday. I called my Democratic opponent, Dan Gelber, on election night to congratulate him and pledge my support in November.

Since Tuesday, I have been overwhelmed with supportive calls, e-mails and text messages from so many of you. Although it has been difficult to respond to each one, I want you to know how truly thankful I am for all your support during this lengthy campaign -- even after it ended. You are the ones who inspire me and make me optimistic that our day will come.


I started this race as the underdog. I was not the establishment choice. But you were there for me in our amazing fundraising success and our sweep of law enforcement endorsements. I am ever grateful to the men and women of law enforcement -- from blue counties and red counties alike -- who worked so hard for me because they wanted the AG's office to return to its core mission of protecting public safety.

Most of all, thank you to the thousands of people who contributed their hard-earned dollars, and the hundreds who took time away from their busy schedules to volunteer for me. Words cannot fully express how grateful I am to have received a helping hand during these challenging times.

The lasting memories I take from this race will be positive ones, whether it's the images of supporters holding signs for me on Tuesday in the pouring rain or the volunteers who tirelessly canvassed door-to-door for me in the sweltering August heat.

Indeed, I am focused on such encouraging signs as this: We won every county within my Senate district and all surrounding counties within my home media markets (West Palm Beach & Fort Myers) -- including an incredible 75% of the vote in Lee County. This means that our strongest support came from the voters who knew us best!

After 8 years in the State Senate, I will be taking a break from elected office...but this is not farewell. I will be back at the right time and the right opportunity to make a real difference on issues of public safety and consumer protection.

Until then, THANK YOU for everything. We came so far so fast with you. And I will never, ever forget it.

No comments: