From: Ed Slavin
Sent: Fri, Sep 9, 2016 2:59 pm
Subject: Re: Request No. 2016-361: Background investigation requirements for developers in St. Johns County, including LLCs
1. Please send me copies of all laws, ordinances, policies, procedures or bylaws requiring any sort of background investigations for applicants for planning and building favors, including LLCs and other investors in real estate and development in St. Johns County, Florida, including the City of St. Augustine, City of St. Augustine Beach and the Town of Hastings.
2. If your response is that no such documents exist, or similar words, what plans do any of you have to perform your due diligence, starting today?
3. Why should we require more background investigations on an applicant for a job working on a trash truck than an applicant demanding to trash our environment and history in Our Nation's Oldest City and surrounding county? You tell me.
4. Will you kindly support creation of an interagency group to ferret out what foreign and U.S. persons are involved in "development?"
5. Without disclosure of all beneficial owners, how can We, the People ever know that there are not undisclosed conflicts of interest?
6. As U.S. Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy said, "If we do not, on a national scale, attack organized criminals with weapons and techniques as effective as their own, they will destroy us."