Thursday, July 22, 2010

Reprobate JOHN MICA Denies Being Part of House Tea Party Caucus


See below.

Yesterday, I quoted TPM to the effect that JOHN LUIGI MICA a/k/a "TARBALL" was a part of the Tea Party Caucus of the U.S. House of Representatives. MICA doesn't join caucuses, and TPM has run a correction. See below. We regret the error, which was Rep. Bachmamn's and neither mine nor TPM's mistake.

As Lt. Columbo said in a pilot for the great police procedural TV series, "Columbo," "Ransom for a Dead Man":
Leslie: Lt. Columbo?
Lt. Columbo: Yeah?
Leslie: Thank you for straightening Margaret out. I appreciate it.
Lt. Columbo: Oh, it was the only thing I could do. I mean I just can't have you accused of murder on the wrong evidence.

We wouldn't want to convict JOHN MICA of anything on the wrong evidence, either. We certainly don't want to convict MICA of sympathy with the racist Tea Party based on the wrong evidence. As I reported yesterday, MICA confessed his Tea Party sumpthaies to some 1400 St. Johns County residents on July 20, 2010: "Asked about the Tea Party, MICA defended it, saying it is “derided by the media, called all these bad names – I think they’re patriots.”

We've asked MICA for the tape and have not heard back. I have some 20 pages of typewritten notes on what MICA said, including the quoted remarks. Ipse dixit. Caucus member or not, JOHN MICA is part of the Tea Party.

No comments: