From October 30, 1981 until December 23, 1981, twenty year old DAVID HOAR of Springfield, Massachusetts, (now known as Sheriff DAVID BERNARD SHOAR) was an officer with the Palatka, Florida Police Department. SHOAR went to work for Palatka PD two days after his twentieth birthday.
Officer HOAR resigned, state records obtained by the Miami Herald show.
In his official biography and campaign biographies, Sheriff SHOAR has never listed Palatka Police Department as part of his career.
Was this material omission of an operative fact, purposeful, perhaps to conceal an embarrassing time in HOAR's career?
Here's an excerpt from SHOAR's official biography:
Born October 28, 1961 in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Attended numerous professional/police related schools since 1980/1981.
- Graduated Cathedral High School, Springfield, Massachusetts, 1979.
- Graduated Cum Laude (with honors), St. Johns River Community College (Associate of Arts
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude (with highest honors), University of North Florida (Bachelor of
Arts Degree, Criminal Justice), 1996.
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude (with highest honors), University of North Florida (Master’s Degree, Public Administration), 2001.
- Scholastic Memberships – Gold Key National Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society, Student Criminal Justice Association, and the Pre-Law Society.
- Adjunct Professor, St. Johns River Community College and Flagler College, 2002-Present.
- Awarded an Honorary Doctor of Laws Degree from Flagler College, 2005.