Monday, November 24, 2008

Letter: Shores' speeding complaints ignored

Letter: Shores' speeding complaints ignored



Steve Kelley
St. Augustine
Publication Date: 11/20/08


Editor: My wife and I have lived on Dorado Drive in the St. Augustine Shores for more than a year. This road is used as a shortcut from Vaill Point to Shores Boulevard. Many of the cars traveling up and down Dorado are speeding. There are a lot of children in the neighborhood.

I have contacted the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office many times for help and have spoken with people of influence. I have yet to see any positive enforcements. I realize they are busy with other things, but what is it going to take to get some results? I am not talking about 30 mph; some of the traffic has reached speeds at approximately 60 mph on a 25 mph residential street.

A couple of years ago there was a man hit and killed at his mailbox in the St. Augustine Shores. I hope it doesn't take another tragic accident for something to be done about this situation.

Steve Kelley

St. Augustine


Click here to return to story:
http://staugustine.com/stories/112008/opinions_1120_029.shtml

© The St. Augustine Record

No comments: