Friday, October 29, 2010

SUPPORT AMENDMENT 4 (HOMETOWN DEMOCRACY)

Letter: Vote yes on Amendment 4

Posted: October 22, 2010 - 12:00am

Editor: First let's say right from the git go I believe in representative government but when those representatives don't represent you and instead are used by the developers, maybe it's time we said,

"Hey. Wait a minute we don't need more development. I think it is ironic in the editorial itself says in so many words we are over developed -- 300,000 unbuilt homes statewide -- 60,000 in St Johns County. The editorial says, "If we leave it up to the citizens developers will think twice about coming here to build."

Hallelujah what a revelation. Yes. It will mean a loss of jobs for contractors and laborers and I sincerely feel sorry for them. But there are other people out of work also and I feel sorry for them, too. My position is this is, this is a wake-up call for our representatives: Do your job so we don't have to do it for you, then in four years if you earn our trust we can amend Amendment 4 with my blessing.

So I'm voting yes on Amendment 4.

Palmer Short

St. Augustine

No comments: