Monday, June 27, 2016

Poor start for mobility effort

Letter: Poor start for St. Augustine's mobility study
Posted: June 27, 2016 - 12:00am | Updated: June 27, 2016 - 4:29am
St. Augustine Record

By Vera Kramer
Poor start for mobility effort

Editor: I agree with Mayor Nancy Shaver raising questions on the work done by the mobility task force. I also concur.

I was very disappointed, and most certainly would never have made the effort to get there had I known all that was being presented was a historical overview of what the city looked like in the past.

When we were finished viewing the video, we were told we could ask questions of any of the staff at the easels, etc. I was interested in the Abbott Tract where I live. But, as I was asking questions, I was shushed.

George Kramer, the director of planning for Littlejohn Engineering, was going over old pictures with new people who had drifted in.

So I asked where the “design charrette” was, which the contract called for. Where was mobility update?

Is the $108,000 going to be well spent, or will it be like others before, with the money going down the drain?

No comments: