Friday, June 20, 2008

IS CSX RAILROAD THE GANG THAT COULDN'T SHOOT STRAIGHT, SUBSIDIZING MARK MINER'S CAMPAIGN FOR COUNTY COMMISSION WITH NO-SHOW JOB?






IF CSX hired 25-year old Mark Miner to do a man job as director of diversity and veterans hiring without first earning a college degree, it is well-nigh unprecedented among the Fortune 500. Intern yes, but office director no. Something smells.

If CSX pays Mark Miner to run against reformer Ben Rich for St. Johns County Commission, there's another name for it -- possible illegal in-kind campaign contributions and possible criminal violations of ICO, Hobbs Act and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.

IF CSX returns my calls and comments on this outrage, I'd be very surprised. Its Shareholder Relations phone-answerer was positively goofy, even unfriendly, switching me to a general answering robot.

IF CSX stockholders ask this question at the June 25th Shareholder's meeting, amidst hot litigation, I'd be pleased to help -- call me at 904-471-9699 or 904-471-7023, or fax me at 904-471-9918.

Ed Slavin

No comments: