Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FIRST COAST NEWS: JAXPORT VICE CHAIR RESIGNS UNDER FB I INVESATIGAATION

Tony Nelson Resigns from JAXPORT

The vice chairman of the Jacksonville Port Authority stepped down.

Tony Nelson resigned in a letter to Mayor John Peyton Tuesday afternoon.

"Thank you again for the opportunity to serve Jacksonville Port Authority board," wrote Nelson.

"At this time I believe it is in my best interest and the best interest of the port that I resign my board position. I wish Chairman Morales, the board, and the port continuing success in this exciting time of growth."

The FBI raided two of his businesses earlier this year.

Investigators won't say exactly what they're looking for but the probe included a subpoena for documents related to contracts, employment, and policies and procedures.

Nelson is the second JAXPORT executive to resign amid the investigation.

Ron Baker stepped down from his post as Chief Financial Officer last month.

First Coast News
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=113854&catid=15

No comments: