Sunday, August 28, 2016

Debra Maynard for Sheriff of St. Johns County (From Supervisor of Elections Website)

Candidate : Debra Maynard
Office : Sheriff


 
Available reports...
Candidate's Statement

About me:
I moved to St. Augustine in 1998 and attended the Law Enforcement Academy at St Johns River. I was honored to be class leader and graduate with the highest overall achievement "Medallion Award."
I have a B.S. in Criminal Justice and an M.A. in Human Services Counseling: Criminal Justice.
During my years as a Deputy in St Johns County, my specialty training included:
• Emergency management
• Laser/radar measurement
• Breath test operator
• Criminal law
• Field training officer completion
• Line supervision
• Advanced ground combatives
• Internet investigation
• General instructor techniques
• Crime Scene processing
• Special training from the University of South Florida as a Master Trainer for Crisis Intervention.
Also during my time at SJCSO I was shift evidence technician and honored to be the Crisis Intervention Team coordinator and liaison for the Health and Human Services Advisory Council. As Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) coordinator I had the privilege of training county, city and law enforcement employees from other agencies with the help of local judges, counselors and doctors in the area of mental health crisis intervention.
Before going into law enforcement, much of my professional career was in education, where I specialized in aiding children diagnosed with learning disabilities. I also received certification as an interpreter for the deaf (ASL) from Pennsylvania through the Pittsburgh Hearing, Speech and Deaf services office. I have office management experience in medical/dental and am currently an office/project manager for a local plumbing company.
I have two children, Benjamin and Ashley and have been blessed with four grandchildren and am a current member of Good News Church.
Note: The candidate's photograph and statement are supplied by the candidate and are not endorsed by the County Supervisor of Elections or checked for accuracy.

No comments: