Friday, August 05, 2016

Record Prints Another Press Release (COLONIAL QUARTER)

Colonial Quarter Summer Concert Series continues
Posted: July 31, 2016 - 11:06pm | Updated: August 1, 2016 - 12:07am

Wayne Fusco/Correspondent Cody J, from Atlantic Beach, performs Sunday at the Colonial Quarter as part of the free concert series that began the July 4th weekend. Shows continue thoughtout the summer from Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon. Evening shows begin at 7 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday with daytime shows beginning at noon Saturday and Sunday. Wayne Fusco
Wayne Fusco
By CONTRIBUTED
The Summer Concert Series at Colonial Quarter continues throughout the summer each Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon. Evening shows begin at 7 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday with daytime shows beginning at noon Saturday and Sunday.

COMMENTS
William Jinks 08/01/16 - 07:22 am 71digital access
I find the way you manage your digital subscribers both clumsy and manipulative. For instance, even though I pay a monthly fee for the privilege of reading the "Record," I usually have to sign in twice to get to the content of the paper. And then before I can even read the article, I have to answer some stupid survey questions. Afterward, there are advertiser "pop-ups" that were not requested and are irritating; frequently, there are two or three of these to contend with before being able to get to the article.

I think you need to show more respect for paying digital subscribers and not subject them to unwanted surveys and advertisements.

My local paper sends me an e-version of the paper each morning without my having to go on line and request it. And they don't subject me to all the nonsense that the Record does.

You can do a lot better job for your digital subscribers than what you're doing right now.

Firstcoaster 08/01/16 - 08:52 am 21WJ
I feel your pain. I too have one sign-in for the e-Edition, but my other sign-in for the this edition is not even viewable unless I use a different browser, and select "in private browsing." Then it only allows me to read five articles and then I am locked out.

5+ calls to the paper have not fixed the problem.

Jason Hamilton 08/01/16 - 03:09 pm 21@Firstcoaster & William
Seems we all share the same frustration with access.

What a bang-up job the University of Florida historic St. Augustine is doing with Colonial Quarter. The historic location, rustic stage, blacksmiths shop, period reenactments, and the garage bands must really transport visitors all the way back to the late 1500's. I had friends come in from out of town and they asked me if St. Augustine was the patron saint of bad live music. I imagine the Spanish super sonic rollercoaster is already on order followed by the gold doubloon slot machines. It would be nice if instead of detracting from what we are as a town that historic places of business would choose to add to our charm.

No comments: