Friday, October 14, 2016

RUBIO: "I'M NOT A SCIENTIST."





Global climate change denier MARCO ANTONIO RUBIO, our estimable junior United States Senator, was in an all-white area of St. Augustine October 12, 2016 with a group of controversial City Commissioner TODD NEVILLE's Republican cronies, organized with help from ODD TODD's political apparatchiks JOSEPH SAVIAK and KEVIN SWEENEY, with some sixty (60) photos on the website of the St. Augustine Record.

U.S. SENATOR RUBIO and U.S. Rep. RONALD DEON DESANTIS both voted against Hurricane Sandy relief.

Both are global climate change deniers.

No advance notice was ever given, just as when Governor RICHARD LYNN SCOTT twice came to St. Augustine in 2013 and 2015 and held scripted dog-and-pony show "cabinet meetings" (and April 2, 2013 and September 1, 2015) with no meaningful public comment or public participation.

No African-American neighborhoods were toured by RUBIO et pals, only Davis Shores.

Wonder why?

Secretive Republicans -- as Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan wrote, "Secrecy is for losers."

Rubio: 'I'm not a scientist'
By KEVIN ROBILLARD 11/19/12 02:08 PM EST
POLITICO

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio declined to firmly answer a question of existential importance in an interview released Monday.

An interviewer for GQ magazine asked the Republican, a Catholic and potential 2016 presidential candidate, how old planet Earth is. Rubio didn’t give a direct answer, but suggested children should be exposed to both scientific and religious theories.

“I’m not a scientist, man,” Rubio told the magazine. “I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that’s a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I’m not a scientist. I don’t think I’m qualified to answer a question like that.
“At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says,” he continued. “Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to answer that. It’s one of the great mysteries.”
The question of the Earth’s age and its origins are an occasional flare-up in the culture wars. Using radiometric dating, scientists have determine the earth is roughly 4.5 billion years old. But fundamentalist Christians hold that the Earth was created in six days, as detailed in the Bible.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2012/11/rubio-on-earths-age-im-not-a-scientist-084043#ixzz4MyiyjtFY

No comments: