Washington Post kvells about what would appear to be a standard governmental reorganization, merging the EPA's unfortunately named "External Civil Rights Office" with EPA's long-moribund "Environmental Justice" disorganization.
EPA was the result of a government reorganization under President Richard Milhous Nixon. Was EPA doomed at the start by lack of Congressional oversight?
"The law is what the courts do in fact," as Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. put it best. Our courts and administrative agencies need to be watched, from the County Administration Building to the Capitol. Are our environmental laws a "working instrument of government" or are they "a meaningless collection of English words?" See, e.g., United States v. Dotterweich, 320 U.S. 377 (1943). You tell me.
If EPA's Administrator is sincere, and not just grandstanding with "Greenwashing," the revived EPA environmental justice office needs to go after St. Johns County School Supt. JOHN CHAMBERLAIN FORSON, a/k/a "TIM FORSON" & Co. for their insolent insensitive insouciance on mold-contaminated St. Augustine High School Wrestling mats.
- FORSON and his maladroit maladministration need to be investigated by EPA in a civil, criminal and administrative investigation.
- FORSON needs to be haled into federal court for his willful wanton recklessness -- mold-contaminated wrestling mats, stored in showers, exposing some ten high school boys (half of them people of color, to toxicants).
- St. Johns County Commission Chairman I. Henry Dean was a high school wrestler in Iowa; he told me he would "not set foot on a mold-contaminated mat."
- In contrast, FORSON told parent Gene Griffin "I'm done," angrily refusing to discuss science with Mr. Griffin, a general contractor who earned an engineering degree.
- FORSON also told me "I'm done," to which I responded that FORSON "needs a charisma bypass."
- Our School Board has done nothing to respond to the environmental justice concerns about its endangering children's health.
- One School Board member even stated that he sniffed the mats and lied about a clean bill of health from the State Health Department which did not and does not test for mold. Our EPA Region IV Office of Environmental Justice and Children's Health has also dropped the ball.
- Enough insolence from the arrogant authoritarians running our local schools here.
- Read the background of FORSON and his fateful decisions about public health:
From Washington Post: