Monday, September 28, 2026

"Any pontifications?" -- Chauvinistic SJC BoCC Chair Clay Murphy to Vice Chair Ann Taylor at September 28, 2026 meeting

"Don't do that again!" I later said to Chair Murphy, quoting the words that I said to St. Johns County Commission Chairman Thomas Manuel that night that Chair Manuel was arrested for bribery by agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. 

Some would consider Murphy's remarks to be anti-Catholic, louche, low class, sexist, condescending or misogynistic or just plain undignified.

I told Murphy that I forgave him.  He accepted forgiveness.  Pray for him.

Two Sheriff's Deputies ran into the room after my remarks, but Murphy sent them away.

At first Murphy claimed I lied, but it's in my notes and it's on the videotape.

"Be not afraid.."  It's in the Bible 106 times.  In my County, we don't cower to power, or to developers, or snollygosters. 

 


No comments: