From: Ed Slavin
Sent: Thu, Mar 9, 2017 12:13 pm
Subject: PROPOSED FIRST AMENDMENT VIOLATION BY ST. AUGUSTINE BEACH/ My Request No. 2017-151: Viewpoint discrimination research re: public comment presentation 3/6/2017, St. Augustine Beach Commission
1. No research on viewpoint discrimination under the First Amendment? That explains the mischief that would be caused by the misguided proposal on public comments that you presented on Monday, March 6, 2017. Please research viewpoint discrimination and consider the illegal SLAPP "stalking injunction" sought by Mayor Richard O'Brien and the inculpatory statements by Commissioner Sherman Gary Snodgrass, the only St. Augustine Beach City Commissioner who supported the proposal, as wanting to silence "six people" in the name of "more efficient meetings!" Ipse dixit, you can't fix it. The proposal is contaminated by Mayor O'Brien's and Commissioner Snodgrass's animus against First Amendment protected activity on subjects with which they disagree, e.g., possible government misfeasance, malfeasance, nonfeasance, waste, fraud and abuse. The draft resolution is a rank obscenity contrary to the genius of a free people. It would likely be found to be a violation of the First Amendment in U.S. District Court under 42 U.S.C. 1983 and trigger a right to recover attorney fees under 42 U.S.C. 1988.
2. Why have public comment subjects been deleted from recent SAB minutes? I am still waiting for an answer. This material change reflects animus toward First Amendment protected activity -- more evidence in the intent of this ill-advised resolution.
3. No more malarkey, please. You are better than this, and so is the City of St. Augustine Beach.
4. Kindly delete the proposed objectionable, retaliatory, unconstitutional provisions, all of which lack support factually or legally. Stop imitating the City of St. Augustine, which is no model of rectitude. As my grandmother would say, "drop the oyster and leave the wharf."
5. Our city's patron saint, Saint Augustine himself said it best, "an unjust law is no law at all."
6. Or as RFK wrote in a book dedication to Sen. James O. Eastland of Mississippi: "Repent now, there's still time, Jim"
7. Will you please send me your further research and drafting on a weekly basis as a continuing response to my Request No. 2017-151?
Thank you for all that you do that is righteous, Jim.
With kindest regards, I am,
From: Beverly Raddatz
To: Ed Slavin
Sent: Wed, Mar 8, 2017 8:08 am
Subject: RE: Request No. 2017-151: Viewpoint discrimination research re: public comment presentation 3/6/2017, St. Augustine Beach Commission
After a reasonable research, the City has found no documents for your public records request.
Beverly Raddatz, MMC
City of St. Augustine Beach
2200 A1A South
St. Augustine Beach, FL 32080
(904) 471-2122 FAX (904) 471-4108
Confidentiality Notice: This Email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited, and that you have received this E-Mail and any accompanying files in error. You should notify the City of St. Augustine Beach immediately by replying to this message and deleting them from your system. City of St. Augustine Beach does not accept responsibility for changes to E-Mails that occur after they have been sent.
From: Ed Slavin [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2017 4:43 PM
To: Jim Wilson
Subject: Request No. 2017-151: Viewpoint discrimination research re: public comment presentation 3/6/2017, St. Augustine Beach Commission
Please send me your legal research on viewpoint discrimination re: public comment presentation 3/6/2017.
With kindest regards, I am,