What do you reckon?
- Gold Star Mother Krista Keating-Joseph defeated incumbent County Commissioner JEREMIAH RAY BLOCKER, a developer puppet who fancied himself Governor someday. (BLOCKER has an advanced law degree, a Master's in Law in Real Estate Development from the University of Miami.)
- Indiantown, Florida voters booted their mayor and vice mayor.
These greedy corporate oligarchs are busily ruining what we love about St. Johns County, oftentimes otherwise known as "God's country." Since 1998, the Establishment, with nauseating one-party rule:
- eliminated single member County Commission districts; institutionalized the private corporate vetting of political candidates to assure they are developer doormats;
- campaign contributor groupthink under suzerainty oil successive sinister Sheriffs and their entourages;
- amends the Comprehensive Plan at nearly every Commission meeting, on the flimsiest of evidence;
- hired conflicted, immoral or unqualified County Administrators
- County Administrators, consultants and cynical satraps, without advance public notice of County Commission confirmation votes on Administrator recommendations, unadorned by c.vs;
- rubber-stamps developer projects,
- refuses to engage in meaningful government oversight;
- refusing to require police body cameras and dashboard cameras, disdains discussing any of the 25 government reforms I suggested earlier this year, https://cleanupcityofstaugustine.blogspot.com/2022/03/county-commission-voted-4-1-today-to.html;
- instead, arrogantly voted on March 15, 2022 (the Ides of March no less) to ask you to vote to to pick your pockets, rubber-stamping a 15% sales tax increase being placed on the November 8, 2022 general election ballot (Commissioner Paul Waldron, dissenting).
- Shame on them for blacklisting Ms. Keating-Joseph and other Republicans who are skeptical of developers.
- Shame on them for wholesale firings of Trump Club members for disloyalty, e.g., questioning developer projects.
- Shame on them for their Jim Crow version of "cancel culture," shutting down a Nocatee Republican Club in retaliation for their exercising critical thinking skills about overdevelopment.
- Shame on them for using the power of Sheriff ROBERT HARDWICK, including PR spokesman Peret Pass (for whom no documents have been supplied) and the Sheriff allegedly telling deputies to vote for his pal, BLOCKER.
- Shame on Diane Scherff & Co. for sordid sorehead desperate tactics that even allegedly included mean-spirited personal attacks on Krista Keating-Joseph.