August 8, 2022
1. JOHNNY COE COUNTS, candidate for St. Johns County Commission in closed Republican Primary August 23, 2022, allegedly left the scene of an accident wth property damage, charged by FHP with a second degree misdemeanor on the evening of May 27, 2005, first day of Memorial Day weekend.
2. Charges were swiftly and abruptly dropped by rebarbative Republican former State's Attorney JOHN TANNER. No reason was given.
3. No hearing was held.
4. No motions were ever filed by COUNTS' criminal defense lawyer, now deceased.
5. No reasons were ever given for the dismissal, by nolle prosequi.
6. State Attorney records have allegedly been destroyed.
7. No response from COUNTS, to whom I reached out via e-mail.
8. "Character Counts" says the St. Johns County School Board curriculum.
8. Our State's Attorney office has delusions of adequacy. It refuses to follow or distribute the National Prosecution Standards of the National District Attorney's office. Wonder why?
9. Was this case "fixed?"
10. We may never know, due to the lax procedures and record keeping in our louche four-county State's Attorney Office for the Seventh Judicial Circuit, where 82 prosecutors are never informed of the existence of the National Prosecution Standards of the National District Attorneys Association.
From: Ed Slavin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: ShorsteinB@sao7.org <ShorsteinB@sao7.org>
Cc: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Mon, Aug 8, 2022 1:39 pm
Subject: Re: Request No. 2022-143: State of Florida v. Johnny Coe Counts, Case No. 05001546CTMA Clerk File Date: 6/10/2005 Total Fees Due: 0.00 Agency Report Number: 2523DIX Court Type: Criminal Traffic Uniform Case Number: 552005CT001546XXAXMX
A. Section 5 of my request reads:
5. Would you please be so kind as to send me today by e-mail PDFs of any and all pertinent records? If any records are missing, lost, stolen, removed or destroyed, please provide any documentation of such loss, theft, removal or destruction.
From: Shorstein, Bryan <ShorsteinB@sao7.org>
To: Ed Slavin <email@example.com>
Sent: Mon, Aug 8, 2022 11:37 am
Subject: RE: Request No. 2022-143; State of Florida v. Johnny Coe Counts, Case No. 05001546CTMA Clerk File Date: 6/10/2005 Total Fees Due: 0.00 Agency Report Number: 2523DIX Court Type: Criminal Traffic Uniform Case Number: 552005CT001546XXAXMX
Best viewed in 1366x768 or higher resolution. Copyright 2008 - 2022 Pioneer Te