Monday, June 30, 2014

University of Prejudice

University of Florida (UF) Levin College of Law ELUPL has been avoiding and evading admitting me, meeting with me, answering questions or providing meaningful documents since 2010. Anyone who knows me knows I am persistent, trained as a diplomat by Jesuit-inspired Georgetown University, and "won't take 'no' for an answer."
Looking forward to the Department of Education Office of Civil Rights investigating, and perhaps bringing a class action, pattern and practice age discrimination against UF and its graduate schools for pervasive discrimination against seniors. This is a state university in Florida, where millions of seniors retire. At 57, I am not "too old" to learn and earn an advanced degree.
UF should not conduct itself as if it were a "Youth Ghetto," where experienced people are unwelcome and laughed at -- as Ms. Sikes laughed at me. Enough flummery, dupery and nincompoopery from UF, its Levin College of Law, and its Environmental and Land Use Planning Law (ELUPL) program. I have nearly 50 letters of recommendation from retired judges, law professors, public officials, journalists, former clients (and even retired judges who are former clients).
UF only admits young people to its ELUPL graduate program, and they typically go to work for Establishment employers like the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Akerman Senterfitt --- not the most environmentally-friendly employers! I have requested a graduate fellowship to work on the St. Augustine National Historical Park and National Seashore legislation. www.staugustgreen.com
As an environmental activist and former whistleblower lawyer I am evidently unwelcome, and to be treated diffidently and disrespectfully by UF, apparently because I am "too old."
Enough.
We shall overcome!

No comments: