Friday, October 24, 2014

Letter: My vote's for Shaver

Letter: My vote's for Shaver
Posted: October 23, 2014 - 11:54pm

By JOHN DANAHY
St. Augustine Record
Editor: In this election, your vote should be more than influenced by family, friend, neighbor, organization or party. After all, it is non-partisan.

My vote is to support Nancy Shaver. It is not against Joe Boles ... without rancor, animosity or hostility in any way possible.

I’ve never used his legal services. I believe him to be a trustworthy lawyer. Truthfully, I like Joe. I trust my choice will not change his opinion of me.

Why change horses? I have learned that Nancy can document 25 years of deep managerial and executive experience in business planning and development with seven major corporations, and also having formed her own business.

Municipal politics and administration will be a new experience. Not a problem. It means zilch!

You do not achieve Nancy’s level of corporate success without experiencing and succeeding in both interpersonal and competitive business politics ... especially as a woman. Every successful, honest business executive marshals, organizes, directs and manages the personnel assets available.

This is what she has done. What more can you ask for in a mayor? Please, answer this question as truthfully as you can after reviewing her resume on her website, nancyshaverformayor.com.

Nancy’s tested and proven professional skills will offer deliberative execution of plans and development as mayor.

Nancy brings a far more broad experience package to the table than does Joe, while not taking a back seat to his charisma.

I gotta go with Nancy Shaver, not knowing her party affiliation.

No comments: