Waiting to hear WJCT show some courage and investigate the pitiful Northeast Florida Transportation Planning Organization, one of its sponsors and the Godawful Sunshine Bus system, operated by St. Johns County government and its sweetheart contract with the Council on Aging.
I wrote Melissa Ross on September 18, 2019, with no response yet:
From: Ed Slavin
Sent: Wed, Sep 18, 2019 8:42 am
Subject: Questions for Northeast Florida Transportation Planning Organization
Dear Ms. Ross:
1. Please ask NFTPO this morning about the lack of transit in St. Johns County.
2. Our Sunshine Bus Company/Council on Aging busses are not reliable transportation.
3. Sunshine Bus does not run on. Sunday. Why?
4. Sunshine Busses runs about five times per day.
5. They are not reliable transportation for getting to work, play and church.
6. They lack bus shelters.
7. They lack compliance with safety standards.
8. NFTPO is an unaccountable lobby for roadbuilders
9. NFTPO is pushing for unneeded SR 313, which threatens the Twelve Mile Swamp, source of the City of St. Augustine's water supply from deep artesian wells since 1998.
10. Enough asphalt, dammit.
11. St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners needs to rebid the bus contract and get a competent operator.
12. Please hold NFTPO accountable, despite being a major sponsor of your program and WJCT.
With kindest regards, I am,