Friday, December 12, 2014
Weeks-Boles Win Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award for 2014 for Arrogance, Flummery, Dupery, Nincompoopery, Dumb Luck and Stunning Chutpza
1. BOLES-WEEKS: Renewing no-bid, below-market lease without assignment approval of City commercial property 81 St. George Street while insulting the public.
2. BOLES: Running for re-election in the most graceless manner, acting as if entitled to it.
3. WEEKS: Destroying 62A Spanish Street and acting all huffy when we reported it to OSHA and called for maximum code fine.
4. BOLES: Not calling Mayor Nancy Shaver to congratulate her.
5. BOLES: Not shaking Mayor Shaver's hand on inauguration night, in the presence of Judge Robert Tinlin and Florida Supreme Court Justice Peggy Quince.
6. BOLES-WEEKS: Acting like dull pompous Republicans of all they survey in a Democratic town.
7. WEEKS: Cutting in line on inauguration night.
7. BOLES: Spreading lies about Nancy Shaver door-to-door and acting offended when caught.
8. BOLES: Spreading lies about Nancy Shaver risking non-profit foundations and churches' tax-exempt status.
9. BOLES & PROXIES: Threatening city employees.
10. BOLES-WEEKS & PROXIES: Ignoring support from Ambassador Andrew Young, Maurine Boles, Sheriff David Shoar, et al and blocking the St. Augustine National Historical Park and National Seashore for yet another year (Congress just approved seven (7) new national parks, nine (9) new national park expansions and eight (8) national park studies.
To the Titanic duo, ex-Mayors JOSEPH LESTER BOLES, JR. and CLAUDE LEONARD WEEKS, Jr. you earned it:
The Flying Fickle Finger of Fate (h/t to Rowan & Martin's classic "Laugh-in" prop)
(drum roll please):