From Captain Lee Geanuleas, U.S.N. (Retired) and St. Augustine Residents Count:
- The entrance has been moved from E. San Carlos Ave to May Street Holy cow! That's just what May Street needs is people coming and going from the motel and "marina." I wonder how folks in Vilano feel about this change.
- They now show a small fuel tank next to the "marina" office.
- It shows the fuel pump over the water at the south end of the dock. This is odd because Florida Code for permitting marinas clearly states, "Fuel storage or pumping facilities shall not be located on over-water structures."
- There is no sewage pump-out provided. Florida Code states, "Sewage pump-out facilities shall be provided."
- The parking requirement is not met.
- The retention pond has been greatly reduced…this will cause flooding.
- They added a minuscule "public park." But it's on the inland side of the parcel adjacent to residential property. How'd you like it if someone dropped a "micro park" next to your house?
- The number of motel bungalows has been reduced from 15 to 10. Whoopie!
Jon DePreter: email@example.comMichael Davis: firstname.lastname@example.orgChristina Griggs: email@example.comGrant Misterly: firstname.lastname@example.orgSarah Shipp Ryan: email@example.comCharles Pappas: firstname.lastname@example.org