Florida Supreme Court Justice Peggy Quince swears in Mayor NANCY SHAVER December 1, 2014, as her daughter holds the 1820 family Bible.
In the August 28, 2018 primary, you have a choice of three (3) candidates so far:
Mayor NANCY SHAVER, who is qualified, competent, compassionate and knows the value of a dollar. Mayor NANCY SHAVER values making fact-based decisions, without fear or favor -- that includes being a leader to help our Nation's Oldest City to:
- end corruption,
- solve mobility problems,
- represent residents with wise decisions,
- halt offshore oil drilling and sonic testing,
- preserve our history,
- protect our environment, and
- adapt to global ocean level rise.
As one-term St. Johns County Commissioner, BM pushed for "incentives" for corporations -- Corporate Welfare. If BM were Mayor, would developers get "incentives," like they had a key to the back door at St. Augustine City Hall?
Key questions about carpetbagging BM:
- Is BM just "whistlin' Dixie" in his quixotic campaign?
- BM claims support of the Tea Party (TP). Does TP know BM is a Corporate Welfare supporter, who supports millions of dollars in tax holidays ("incentives")? It's our money.
As required by state law, JR has finally resigned to run, resigning from AMCD effective December 2, 2018. JR is spending May 29 to August 24, 2018 in Europe. JR's candidacy creates an August 28, 2018 primary for Mayor.
Key questions to ask about absentee angry amateur JR:
- Is JR supported by anyone other than her mentor, racist Rev. RONALD RAWLS, JR.?
- is JR wasting your tax money ? She plans on taking $2000 ($500/month) for three (3) months when she will not attend meetings (June, July, August) and one for which there is no meeting (November). JR refused AMCD Commissioner Jeanne Moeller's reasonable request that she resign NOW. Taking $2000 for a no-show job? It's our money. Character counts. JR: resign now. Let citizens apply for the job.
Why this matters: If Mayor NANCY SHAVER receives 50%+1 of the votes in the August 28, 2018 Primary election, she is re-elected. It's the 453rd anniversary of the naming of St. Augustine by Pedro Menendez de Aviles, the day he first sighted it and named it on the Feast of Saint Augustine, named for an African bishop and pillar of the Roman Catholic faith.
BOTTOM LINE: I support Mayor NANCY SHAVER: the ONLY qualified, competent, compassionate candidate. She has earned our trust and respect. We don't always agree, but I know that she's working for the people, not against us. This brilliant woman has shown that she has the grace to make our City a better place.