- Still waiting on the Record to publish its promised "investigation" of SABCA's finances.
- Still waiting on SABCA to disclose all of the financial records I requested in early March 2018.
Entitled, arrogant, secretive, slithering SABCA:
- Enjoyed a no-bid monopoly, without competitive bidding, 1999-2018.
- Whines because it was fourth-rated of four qualified bidders in 2018.
- Overcharges vendors, including unauthorized parking charges, to create revenue used in secret, some supposedly to subsidize concerts already subsidized by the County.
- Violated First Amendment rights of citizens and candidates, co-creating with the County a "First Amendment zone" where it punitively attempted to cabin constitutional rights, resulting in the County Commission ending it unanimously.
- Retaliated against William Rosenstock, former St. Augustine Beach Code Enforcement Board Chairman and had him arrested for raising concerns about a vendor. "We got hm," then-Mayor and longtime SABCA maven "Angry Andrea" Samuels allegedly said.
- Discriminated against the disabled, with its "volunteers" blocking ADA parking spaces.
- Exhibited financial flummery, refusing to disclose its financial records.
- Falsely claims no money goes to salaries.
- Affects martyrdom and victimization when questioned.
- Engaged in pay-to-play and logrolling with develpefrs like Farid Ashdji, whosh demanded to be relieved of contractual obligations to pay for drainage at the new Marriott Courtyard.
- Acted like dull, driven, other-directed Republican Lords of All They Survey at SAB, supporting candidates and contributing money to raise sales taxes, helping relieve developers of $150,000,000 in impact fees and property taxes over ten years (the PAC they contributed to raised some $187,000
SABCA "going, going, gone." Gone with the windbags.
Here's SABCA's hate latter: