No printed newspaper December 24, 25, 31 and January 1.
Are you kidding me!?
I requested aand got a refund from GANNETT's cheerful call center in Colombia, South America.
The Incredible Shrinking St. Augustine Record continues its downward slide to oblivion under the monopoly grip of Wall Street hedge funds.
Vulture capitalists have fired tens of thousands of American journalists.
Locally, under mendacious mediocre GANNETT mismanagement, we are living in a news desert:.
- No more local editor.
- No names of any human beings on the masthead.
- Laid off local staff, including reporters, editors and columnists.
- No more local texture.
- No more reliable coverage of government meetings.
- No coverage of corruption in local governments.
- Cheerleading for developers.
- Thinner, duller paper that is no longer about local news -- it's a USA Today clone.
- Little coverage of local government and politics.
- Late home delivery in many places, after some people leave for work or school..
- No more editorial endorsements in local election races.
- Editorials and letters only on Sunday.
- No more two page Op-Ed section on Sundays.
- No more lively pubic forum for local opinions and cartoons.
- Imported editorials that have nothing to do with local issues.
- Higher prices for less news.
- No more local office, open to sharing downstairs meeting rooms with local civil groups.
- Record now uses a P.O. Box.
- Public relations propaganda regularly printed without actual reporting.