Thursday, July 23, 2015
Improper Electioneering for Len Ortagus on Every Single Page of St. Johns County Property Appraiser Website -- Letter to Sharon Outland, Property Appraiser
Dear Ms. Outland:
1. Please remove the photograph of our Property Appraiser IT Director, Mr. Len Ortagus, appearing on every single page of the Supervisor of Elections website, even search results pages.
2. Mr. Len Ortagus is the only declared candidate for the position that you currently occupy. http://www.votesjc.com/Candidate-Information/Candidate-List-Reports-Profiles
3. It appears to violate state law to endorse and to electioneer for Mr. Ortagus using every single page of your website.
4. No other employees are so honored on your website other than you -- this is tantamount to an electoral endorsement, and appears to be illegal.
4. Please remove the Len Ortagus photo and cease and desist using county property for electioneering purposes.
With kindest regards, I am,
Contacts & Links